Thursday, December 07, 2006

Weekend gettaway!!!

What could be better than spending a weekend with 9 of your closest friends in the Rockies? Not much!

About 2+ months ago, Sarah, Bethany, Jon and I ventured up to Breckenridge to check out a cabin Bethany found on the internet. The place seemed to be too good to be true so being the 'responsible' adults that we are (that's really funny!) we planned an outing to check it out! Truth is, who really needs an excuse to take a road trip into the Rockies eh? Despite a few minor setbacks (sorry Sarah!!!) we had a great day and the cabin was AMAZING!!!!! You could tell that we were all extremely excited at the idea of spending a weekend in this cabin with friends surrounded by God's creation. Bethany took all of the pictures in this post so that we could convince our friends it was a good idea. It didn't take a whole lot of convincing though!!!

The driveway was steep and there was over 6 inches of snow in September!!!


So this weekend 9 of us (Bethany, Jon, Andy, Joy, Sarah, Blake, Nicole, Sarah, Tyson and me) are spending the weekend at the cabin and I'm excited to see what lies ahead! Am I ready??? Of course not!!!!!!





Could this seriously be any more gorgeous?!?!?


Megan's to do list before she leaves:
*Buy a winter jacket (I found this really cute Columbia one that I've been eying for 3 days now!!)
*Get through a day and 1/2 of work
*Finish laundry
*Pack my stuff
*Get food organized and packed into my car
*Go to a Christmas party tonight
*Clean my bedroom/bathroom for company arriving Sunday night
*Prepare Riley for 2 days without me!
*Get extra blankets packed
*Purifying ritual!!!!
*Get directions for all the places we are going
*Pack my car
* Get in the car and LEAVE!!!!


Stick around for an update on our weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:37 PM

    I sure wish I was going with you guys! NOT!!! I am such a baby about being cold anymore that I don't think I could take it!
    Sure am glad you will have lot of FUN!!!!!
    LOVE YOU AND BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

    ReplyDelete