Monday, October 16, 2006

How it all began...

Today it hit me. I've been in CO for over 2 years now!! If you'd told me three years ago I'd be living in CO, 15,000 miles from my family in a place where I knew practically no one, I would have laughed and said "whatever!" But here I am two years later in a place surrounded by new friends, mountains and a family of sorts that I wouldn't trade for the world.

Sunset over the Rockies



Two years ago, my best friend Joy and I moved to CO. Basically the short explaination for doing so is "why not???" It makes me laugh to remember how many times we took turns sharing our story to new aquaintances and friends in the past couple of years. It became a common phrase for one of us to pass the story off to the other by saying "bump Joy!" or "Bump Megan!" We told our story many, MANY times and each time we told it we became more and more confident in our decision as we watched a look of admiration cross the faces of our friends. But in all seriousness, the reason for our moving here for me can be explained simply as "we just knew." Joy is spontaneous while I am more methodical in my decision making process. The perfect balance in many ways- Joy often runs ahead full speed and I tend to be more cautious- together we go at a pretty decent speed! So when we both realized that Colorado was where we were supposed to be, we made the decision then and there. Six weeks later we had sold everything that wouldn't fit into our cars, quit our jobs and were on our way to COLORADO- to our great adventure.

Girls night out!!!! AND our Stylin' Colorado hairdo's!

Now two years later we are still here. A temporary change has taken on a more permanent feel...at least until BOSTON calls my name for real! ;) I won't pretend that there haven't been many ups and downs in the past couple of years. I've experienced heart break, disappointment, a car accident, two minor broken bones, homesickness and tears. But I've also made incredible friends, found a family away from family, found my little man Riley (my cat!,) created life long bonds, bought my first car on my own, found my dream job, and hopefully somewhere along the lines I've impacted HALF as many lives as those that have touched mine.

As I look ahead to the last few months in 2006, I can see some tough times ahead as I deal with a lawsuit (surrounding my car accident,) some frustrations as I deal with some physical pain, some disappointment as I say goodbye to some relationships- but the future is BRIGHT. Why? Because the Lord is covering my life with His hand and through all the difficult trials ahead, I see the shinning light of His promise. I see many more moments of joy- more smiles than tears, more laughter than hurt and I am continually blessed by the many, many friends I have.

God is good all the time. All the time, God is good.

3 comments:

  1. You big hyper bubbly goof ball !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome post, megs. and what an incredible photo of the sunset & mountains...it makes me miss colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chachi loves Joanie!

    ReplyDelete